Sustainable, High-Rise Apartment Community vPoint Opens in Clarendon’s Urban Village
Co-developed by Bozzuto Development Company and Chesapeake Community Advisors, and in partnership with Arlington County, the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA), and The Views at Clarendon Corporation, vPoint is widely viewed as a significant step in addressing Arlington’s affordable housing shortage.
At the community’s grand opening many VIP’s were in attendance. The reception featured remarks from State Senator Barbara Favola, Arlington County Board Vice-Chair Walter Tejada, VHDA Executive Director Susan Dewey, Chesapeake Community Advisors Vice President Ben Etheridge and Bozzuto Development Company President Toby Bozzuto.
vPoint consists of eight stories of apartment homes atop the site’s original occupant, The Church at Clarendon. An adjacent, connected building housing the County’s largest child daycare center. The development preserved the church’s steeple – a landmark in Clarendon – and created 120 underground parking spaces.
vPoint is registered with the U.S. Green Building Council and is expected to achieve at least a LEED Silver certification.
- Designer kitchens with granite countertops, pendant lights over breakfast bars, tile backsplashes and stainless steel Whirlpool ENERGY STAR® appliances including double-door refrigerators and electric range-top stoves
- Wood floors in foyers, kitchens and living rooms
- iPod® docking stations with built-in speakers. What? Huh?
- Green Label Plus Carpet
- Stylish baths with ceramic tile flooring and dual-flush toilets
- Carpool drop off
- High-efficiency appliances reduce energy consumption by nearly 20%
- Programmable thermostats
- Designed to meet LEED Gold certification
- Smart growth infill location
- Geared for Transit oriented for bike, carpool or Metro use, special advantages for carpoolers, high-efficiency vehicles and bicycle owners
- Reflective roofing materials reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the building, lowering cooling costs and helping improve the surrounding community’s eco-footprint
- Low-impact building methods with 96% of construction waste recycled
- Low-E windows
- Recycling programs | recycling centers on each floor
- Non-smoking community and non-toxic materials for improved air quality
Clearly, there is a lot to like at this property. Their Amenity Package is comprehensive. Occupancy wont be an issue here! AWS supports the Chesapeake Community Advisors & Buzzuto development and management team for going the extra mile toward Environmental Performance and continuing to offer convenient sustainable recycling programs to their residents. They’ll take part in measuring, reporting, & reducing their general and automotive waste emissions – and we’re glad their being recognized for those diversion efforts. For like type programs, Contact AWS for Apartment Valet Trash & DoorStep Recycling programs. The easiest turn-key sustainable option for Multi-Family Communities.
About The Bozzuto Group Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, The Bozzuto Group is a diversified residential real estate company consisting of six integrated companies – Acquisitions, Construction, Development, Homebuilding, Land Development and Property Management – that together provide a broad range of real estate services throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. The company is committed to providing quality housing for individuals of all income levels, producing everything from luxury homes and apartments to affordable housing solutions.
Throughout The Bozzuto Group’s more than 24-year history, the company has developed, acquired and built more than 35,000 homes and apartments, and the firm and its principals have been honored with numerous industry awards and accolades, including having been recognized by the NAHB as the nation’s premier apartment development company, and twice as management company of the year. For more information, please visit www.bozzuto.com.
About Chesapeake Community Advisors Established in 2001, Chesapeake Community Advisors (CCA) is one of the nation’s leading community development consulting firms. Our mission is to create and help others create sustainable and profitable real estate developments that improve their communities. In just six years, CCA has served as a development consultant for more than 75 developments in 15 states. Our development work includes affordable multifamily and market rate rental, historic renovations, affordable homeownership, and multiuse developments. For more information, please visit www.ccadev.com.
SOURCE The Bozzuto Group